maandag, februari 27, 2006

Flourescent Saxophone


This is a saxophone in acrylic flourescent on stretched canvas 16x20 inches. (the photograph itself is kinda lame.) I painted it in part because I was working in a music store at the time learning how to repair saxophones and other horns. The guys I worked with were avid jazz fans and both of them played saxophones a lot better than I ever did. Consequently, I heard a lot of horn music while I worked there. When they found that I played basses and guitars, they put me charge of tuning and setting up the instruments, which is how I came start playing mandolin in earnest. In an unintended sense, this painting is kind of a tribute to them and their generally enjoyable company.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

The noisewalzt is grinning stable boys! Groovin' groove tubes and balast blasting boogie woogie! I like it and I think it'll meld with my circus madness piano rondo capriccio which gets Ing's lyrics.
I have to get busy!

9:43 a.m.  
Blogger WT said...

I hope it's knob-twiddled enough...

9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Correction! Ing's lyrics have applied themselves to other purposes. So Circus Mad Rondo Noisewalzt is lyricless.

4:38 p.m.  
Blogger WT said...

Aaaaarrrggghhhhh!

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger crallspace said...

That's a good'n.

5:35 p.m.  
Blogger WT said...

The painting or the music or?

6:38 p.m.  

Een reactie posten

<< Home